Fitting Instructions for SHEL Immersion Heaters
Heaters Conform to EN60335.2.73
This heater should be fitted with a Shel SS11 or Shel SS18 Thermostat
1) The tank must always be completely filled with water.
2) It is advisable that before applying power to the heater, the button in the middle of the button cut-out is pressed to ensure it is reset.
1) Shel immersion heaters are designed to screw into a British Standard Pipe (BSP) threaded boss.
2) This heater should only be installed in a system where it will always be filled with water. Running the unit with no water may cause irreparable damage and invalidate the guarantee.
3) INSTALLER MUST ENSURE THE TANK IS FULL AND THE ELEMENT IS COMPLETELY IMMERSED BEFORE APPLYING POWER TO THE HEATER. IT IS THE INSTALLER’S RESPONSABILITY TO CHECK ALL ELECTRICAL CONNECTIONS INCLUDING ANY FACTORY MADE CONNECTIONS.
1) The heater must be wired through a double pole isolation switch having a 3mm minimum contact separation on all poles, using heat resistant flexible cable.
2) Connect the Live, BROWN wire, to the terminal on the thermostat marked ‘L’, see diagram on other side.
3) Connect the neutral side of the supply, BLUE wire, to the terminal marked ‘N’, see diagram on other side.
4) Connect the earth, GREEN/YELLOW wire, firmly to the stud marked and ‘E’.
5) Ensure the cable is clamped tightly in the clamp provided.
6) The appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety. Children should be supervised to ensure they do not play with the appliance.
To avoid breakage, support the neutral (N) terminal with pliers when tightening screw.
THIS APPLIANCE MUST BE INSTALLED IN COMPLIANCE WITH CURRENT BUILDING & PLUMBING REGULATIONS AND THE WIRING MUST COMPLY TO BS7671:2001 part 554-05.
WARNING: THIS APPLIANCE MUST BE EARTHED
IT IS THE INSTALLER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK ALL CONNECTIONS, INCLUDING FACTORY MADE CONNECTIONS.
All products carry a standard 12 month parts and labour warranty. Products that are deemed faulty can be returned for replacement or credit at any time within this warranty period. PLEASE SEE OUR WEBSITE FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
If you need further help or assistance in fitting this product we recommend you contact a suitably qualified installation engineer.
You can Download this information in PDF format for your records